Thursday 31 January 2013

Teaching


I've been teaching for nearly a year now. There are a lot of ups and downs. I chose to teach in an international setting rather than in a local school, first of all their language level is up to standard, next I enjoy teaching in a free setting where I can plan whatever "homework" I like.

I love teaching. It's been so rewarding especially after teaching this class for a while. Today a parent came to me and thanked me for helping her son have better time management (because I was planning a timetable especially for him). This kid was so sweet, or should I say pure, that he accidentally swore when I wasn't there, he honestly reported back to me that he did something wrong. I love seeing how students enjoying the activities I designed, how they think their teacher is awesome (no matter how flawed I am). I see a student with behavioural problems change in a few months, he was more engaged in class, and was so proud that he completed a task. 

Monster parents still scare me, troublesome students still exist, but I will not give up, and hope I will have the heart in education in the next 10-20 years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment