Wednesday 6 February 2013

Blast's Cinema Presents

Avid tv and movie fan here giving you some cheesy review!

Finally had time to catch up with some old films last weekend (because I finished watching all 7 seasons of 30 Rock in a month). I couldn't watch any heavy sad films anymore #singlesproblem so my recommendations are usually comedies. 

1. Pitch Perfect
As a part-time musician, I cannot resist to watch any kind of musical-alike shows like Glee (of course only the first 3 seasons), Starkids' musicals (if you don't know what they are Google them, defo worth your time), Chicago, and Disney movies. When I first saw the trailer of Pitch Perfect I was so sure I would love this film, and there's Rebel Wilson doing her horizontal running and stuff lol! I had to learn the Cup Song after this and I even taught my students how to do it. Light-hearted, fun, 4 thumbs up.

2. Wreck-it Ralph



















Plot twists omg! Really fun to watch. Disney production, video games cross over, detailed graphic, Jack Mcbrayer and Jane Lynch as voice actors, do I need to say more? Oh and have you ever thought how video game characters think about their jobs? A little bit like toy story I would say, but in an arcade setting, yet fun to watch. P.S. the short film shown before this, Paperman, is epic. It was so touching and romantic, dialogues needed, black and white scenes with cute characters. I downloaded the ost btw. 4.5 thumbs up.

3. Gangster Squad

(Ryan Gosling's voice) Hey girl, do I need to tell you why I watched this?
Of course it's because of Emma Stone. I can't get enough of her after Easy A. And have you watched her doing a dance dare on Ellen? She is the type of actor who doesn't have a type. She can be a comedian, or a sex bomb in this case. Smart story, intense fighting and plot, love it. 4 thumbs up.

4. Moonrise Kingdom
Did I watch all of this during one weekend? Yes. Did I mention I am single? Yes.
You need to listen to the ost! It is fun and soothing, a mixture of 20s music and classical music, with a child narrator (the actress' on-screen brother, who is a music know-it-all) telling you an in-depth description of an orchestra. I especially love the last one. The film is shot mostly in a front angle, so things on-screen is mainly symmetrical or put in a nice order, the tone is yellowish, the girl's dress is nice, and I learned a lot about camping. 4.5 thumbs up.

P.S no-nos: So Undercover

No comments:

Post a Comment