Sunday 17 February 2013

On Happy Notes

Hey guys, bad news, I'm sick...I have the err, what do you call it? You know, when you're so stressed that tomorrow's Monday because you need to go to work/school? Oh yes, Monday-phobia, yeah, I have that.

I've been at home a lot because of this grand annual holiday we have here only for the Chinese people, catching up with some tv shows and films, and did tons of shopping as you can see on my last entry. I've bought something else but I'll make a separate post about the item once it arrives. 

So, things that makes me happy last week. Here we go.

1. Princess Diaries
This film has been one of the films on my must-see-when-having-a-down-mood list. I love Anne Hathaway, I ADORE Julie Andrews, and because of some personal problems I encountered that made me sad, I spent one whole afternoon watching the Princess Diaries and its sequel. Then I ended up youtubing Miss Andrews' interviews, and of course searched her background on wikipedia, like who wouldn't do it if you're obsessed with an actor/actress? Anyway, she turned out to have a devastated childhood, being born before the war, and have a complicated family background. I should be happy of what I have and not whining about stupid people. 

P.S. Joe is very cute. He and the queen are my OTP.

2. (Another) New Purchase


1. Left: ASOS Fox Ring 2. Madewell Bracelet I got from Shopbop


I have to come forward, first, it's the bracelet that I got recently, second, I got it the week before. No one could be home during the delivery even though the UPS peeps came thrice, they even sent me an email to ask for a more convenient time for the delivery, and came during the evening which I believe is not their office hour (?). So Kudos to the UPS delivery and office men. 
I am trying to make my wrist look as busy as it can, and this bracelet has been added to the collection. I have known Madewell from their collaboration with Alexa Chung (duh) and their clothes are very pricey to own even though it's pretty. My strategy of owning luxury brand products is to aim at their accessories, the same way I shopped at Opening Ceremony. And my other strategy is to shop when there's a sale, hence the purchase of this bracelet. I think it would match with my ring very much, do you agree?

3. Art/Doodle

Since I can't concentrate on the monitor the Whole day watching stuffs, so I bought gears from Muji then started doodling. It eases off my stress and takes a long time (few hours) finishing one if I want it to be in detail. I will be doing some easy art work. I have a theme planned out, if it works and can be finished, I will definitely share it with you.

4. Reading 
This is my kindle. I bought this from a friend who already has tons of gadgets. This worths HKD$500 only and I have already downloaded around 250 books inside. Hong Kong is a small place for living, so you can imagine how hard it is for me to store my books at home. This little guy has helped me save a lot of room, and I can carry it around without thinking how heavy the book is. I currently like to read some light-hearted romance comedy, and I have just finished reading Stephanie Bond's Got Your Number. It was enjoyable, and did not enquire a lot of thinking. My next goal would be finishing some books that I have left off, which are Mockingjay and The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom. However, I have started reading Gone Girl and couldn't stop. I should really end things that I started. This should be my Chinese New Year Resolution...


Anyway, I hope you enjoyed. Happy Monday everyone (not).

No comments:

Post a Comment